Rhinoceros® Plug-in to Import Autodesk® Alias® wire files.The following data sets are translated.
|Surfaces||Brep Nurbs Surface|
|Shells||Exploded Brep Surfaces|
|Point Cloud||Point Set|
Pre-requisites for Rhino v6:
- Rhino 6 should be installed. An evaluation version can be obtained here.
- Alias 2017 x64 or above should be installed. An evaluation version can be obtained here.
- if Alias 2021 is installed, please update it to Alias 2021.3.
- .NET framework 4.6.1 or above. Download the framework from https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=49981
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2017 Redistributable x64 or above. Download the files from https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads
Installation for Rhino v6.
Double click the downloaded Installer.
Installation for Rhino v7
From within Rhino 7, please select Tools->PackageManager and search for ImportAlias. Please note that Alias version 2021.3 or newer version should be installed.
Select ImportAlias Plugin and click Install.
Open the wire file by File -> Open and setting the Autodesk Alias wire file from the option.
Alternatively drag and drop Alias wire files to open them in Rhino.
The License Manger will automatically pop up when the plugin is invoked for the first time. A trial subscription for 10 days can be activated by clicking on the "Trial Subscription" button. Click on the "Buy Subscription" button for a one year subscription. The cost of subscription is USD 99. Internet Connection is required to enable trial subscription and to activate regular subscription. After buying the subscription, click on "Activate Subscription" to activate your subscription. The License Manager will automatically pop up 9 days before the end of subscription period
Download for Rhino v6:
Please go to the download section.
- Limitation: Some trimmed periodic/closed surfaces may not get trimmed properly.
- Work Around: Please detach such surfaces into two before or convert them to shells, using Surface Edit->Stitch function in Alias.
- Limitation: Some complex multi-level instances may not transfer properly
- Work Around: Please extract the instances using Edit > Expand Instance before the transfer in Alias.
- v 126.96.36.199
- Enhancement: Trial period extended to 30 days.
- v 188.8.131.52
- Enhancement: Support for Alias 2021and Rhino v7.
- v 184.108.40.206
- Enhancement: Added support for Rhino 6
- Enhancement: Added support for Alias 2019
- v 220.127.116.11
- Enhancement: Added support for symmetric shells.
- Bug Fix: Alias Instance position.
- v 18.104.22.168
- Enhancement: Added support layer hierarchy
- Enhancement: Default units in MM.
- Bug Fix: Bad objects
- v 22.214.171.124
- Enhancement: Added support for Alias 2018
- Enhancement: Added Subscription option.
- v 126.96.36.199
- Bug Fix: Crash while importing foreign geometry.
- v 188.8.131.52
- Enhancement: Added support for Alias 2017
- v 184.108.40.206
- Enhancement: Added support for Alias 2016
- v 2.0.4
- Enhancement: Process Window is now visible.
- Enhancement: Added limited support for dimensions
- Enhancement: Added limited support for construction entities.
- Enhancement: Added limited support for textures
- v 2.0.0
- Initial Release.
- v 1.0.1
- Second preview release.
- v 1.0
- Initial preview release.
Let me know your comments and suggestions at