Draft check is a requirement for manufacturing processes that involves moulding, casting and Sheetmetal stamping. This implementation uses shader nodes to calculate the angle between the sub-division normals and the given direction.
- Green Color: Positive Draft
- Red Color: Negative Draft
- Yellow Color: Areas between the positive and negative draft angle.
Draft Analysis Shader
- Mix Overlay: Mixes between user shader and the Draft analysis shader
- Direction: Die-draw or Drsft direction vector (default value: Z axis)
- Positive Angle: Positive draft angle in degrees. (default value: 3 deg)
- Negative Angle: Negative draft angle in degrees. (default value: -3 deg)
Click here to download the blend file.
Let me know your comments and suggestions at