General Usage Instructions
Open Utilities > Plugin Manager and select ExportBlender to enable the plugin. The plugin will be listed under Autodesk Exchange Apps. Please select ExportBlender_2021_3 if using Alias 2021.3 or above
Select the Auto Load option to automatically load the plugin the next time Alias starts.
The plugin will be installed under File > Export menu, as Export Blender
Click on ExportBlender to save as a .blend file depending upon the options in the option box.
Please ensure that the geometric normals of the surfaces and shells points outward.
The following datasets are translated
Since Alias shading model and BSDF shading model is different only the following Alias Shader values are currently supported.
|Alias Shader||Blender Principle BSDF|
Export Blender option box
- The Tolerance option sets the accuracy of the meshes. The default chord height deviation of the mesh is set at 0.01 cm
- The merge option joins the objects in a layer as a single mesh. It also merges double vertices into a single vertex. This option should be ideally used for fully filleted models. If there are sharp edges in the model, unselect this option. Default is off.
Export Blender Plugin Install.
Export Blender Plugin Option.
The installer that ran when you downloaded this app/plug-in from Autodesk App Store will start installing the app/plug-in. OR, simply double-click the downloaded installer to install the app/plugin.
You can unload the plugin without uninstalling it by unchecking the "Load/Unload" check box associated with the plugin in the Autodesk® Alias® Plug-in Manager. You may have to restart Alias to completely unload the application.
Please ensure the following pre-requisites are met.
- Recent version of Blender from Microsoft Store or from Blender Download.
Please note that the blender executable directory should be added to the environment variable PATH. If you are using Blender from Microsoft Store, it should already be set. If in doubt, try to run blender from a command prompt.
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2019 Redistributable or above. Download the files from https://aka.ms/vs/16/release/vc_redist.x64.exe
To uninstall this plug-in, exit the Autodesk product if you are currently running it, simply rerun the installer, and select the "Uninstall" button. OR, you can uninstall it from 'Control Panel/Programs and Features' (Windows 10), just as you would uninstall any other application from your system.
- Other Alias entities such as lights, camera, animation etc. are not supported this time.
- The geometric normals needs to point outwards.
Please add your comments and feedback.