Export WebGL Plugin
Alias Plugin to export shells as WebGL entities in a HTML file
Open Utilities > Plugin Manager and select ExportWebGL to enable the plugin. The plugin will be listed under Autodesk Exchange Apps.
Select the Auto Load option to automatically load the plugin the next time Alias starts.
The plugin will be installed under File > Export menu, as Export WebGL
Click on Export WebGL to save the SHELLS as a HTML file depending upon the options in the option box.
Please ensure that the geometric normals of the shells point out towards the camera.
The following datasets are translated
|Specular Color||Specular Color|
Export WebGL option box
- The Tolerance option sets accuracy of the meshes. The default chord height deviation of the mesh is set at 0.05 mm
A tolerance level of 0.1 mm with the smooth option selected will generate the smallest file size.
- Type in the ground plane height or use the slider. The default value is 0 mm.
- The smooth option merges the vertices of the mesh together. This option should be enabled only on fully filleted models. If there are sharp edges in the model, unselect this option. Default is off.
- The Author and Email fields will appear in the HTML page as copyright info and links.
- Choose an environment among five preset options
To WebGL file in a browser
3D WebGL content.
left mouse : Tumble; middle mouse / mouse wheel: Zoom; right mouse: Pan
Installation and Uninstallation
Download the installer from Autodesk App Store
Please ensure the following pre-requisites are met.
- .NET framework 4.5.2 or above. Download the framework from https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/download/details.aspx?id=42643
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable Update 3 RC or above. Download the files from https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=52685
To uninstall this plug-in, simply rerun the installer, and select the 'Uninstall' button, or you can uninstall it from 'Control Panel\Programs\Programs and Features' (Windows 7/8/10) or Add/Remove Programs (Windows XP), just as you would uninstall any other application from your system. If the Plugin Manager window is open, it should be closed and re-opened to update the list of available plugins.
LicenseManger will automatically pop up when the plugin is invoked for the first time. A trial subscription for 10 days can be activated by clicking on the "Trial Subsciption" button.
Click on the "Buy Scubcription" button for a one year subscription. The cost of subscription is USD 99.
Internet Connection is requred to enable trial subscription and to activate regular subscription.
After buying the subscription, click on "Activate Subscription" to activate your subscription.
The License Manager will automatically pop up 9 days before the end of subscription period.
Known IssuesPlease install the latest service pack for Alias before installing this plugin.
Limitations: Only Shells would be translated. Please stitch the models before converting.
Limitations: The geometric normals needs to point outwards. For Alias 2016 and prior where geometric normal control is not available, try to reverse the wrong normals by Reverse Surface UV function.
For licenses please contact Digital Sculptors.
http://www.digital-sculptors.com with feedback or requests for enhancements.
- Added Support for virtual environments
- Initial Release
Please add your comments and feedback.