Autodesk® Alias® Plug-in to export Rhinoceros® 3DM files.
Open Utilities > Plugin Manager and select export3DM_2018 (for Alias 2018 and above) or export_2017 (for Alias 2016 and 2017) to enable the plugin. The plugin will be listed under Autodesk Exchange Apps.
Select the Auto Load option to automatically load the plugin the next time Alias starts.
The plugin will be installed under File > Export menu, as Export 3DM
Click on Export 3DM either to save the contents of the current stage or active objects to a 3dm file.
Open Export 3DM Option box, to select either All objects or Active objects.
The following datasets are translated
|Surfaces||Brep Nurbs Surface|
|Shells||Exploded Brep Surfaces|
|Point Cloud||Point Set|
Installation and Uninstallation The installer that ran when you downloaded this plug-in from Autodesk Exchange App has already installed the plug-in.
Please ensure the following pre-requisites are met.
- .NET framework 4.5.2 or above. Download the framework from https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/download/details.aspx?id=42643
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2017 Redistributable x64 or above. Download the files from https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads
To uninstall this plug-in, simply rerun the installer by downloading it again from Exchange, and select the 'Uninstall' button, or you can uninstall it from 'Control Panel\Programs\Programs and Features' just as you would uninstall any other application from your system. If the Plugin Manager window is open, it should be closed and re-opened to update the list of available plugins.
The License Manger will automatically pop up when the plugin is invoked for the first time. A trial subscription for 10 days can be activated by clicking on the "Trial Subscription" button. Click on the "Buy Subscription" button for a one year subscription. The cost of subscription is USD 99. Internet Connection is required to enable trial subscription and to activate regular subscription. After buying the subscription, click on "Activate Subscription" to activate your subscription. The License Manager will automatically pop up 9 days before the end of subscription period
The software is available for download from Autodesk Exchange App store.
Limitation: The default layer in Alias is called DefaultLayer and cannot be deleted or renamed.
Work Around: The translator will rename the layer to "_Default_" so that round trip transfers don't end up with multiple layers called "DefaultLayers".
Limitation: Some trimmed periodic/closed surfaces may not get trimmed properly.Work Around: Please detach such surfaces into two before transfer or convert them to shells, using SurfaceEdit->Stitch function.
Limitation: Some complex multi-level instances may not transfer properlyWork Around: Please extract the instances using Edit > Expand Instance before the transfer.
Enhancement: Support for Rhino v6 files
Enhancement: Support for Alias 2019
Bug Fix: Some objects in wrong layers
Enhancement: Support for Symmetric shells.
Bug fix: Wrong instance position.
Bug fix: Stage name points to temp file.
- Default unit of 3DM file set to MM.
- Enhancement: Support for layer hierarchy
Bug fix: Avoid bad objects in the 3DM file.
Bug fix: Dimensions and Annotations.
- Added support for Alias 2018
- Subscription based
- No support for Alias prior to 2016
- Minor Bug fixes
- Final release for 32 bit Alias
- Added support for Alias 2017
- Added support for Alias 2016
- Added limited support for textures.
- Added limited support for construction entities.
- Added limited support for locators.
- Fixed crash if geometry contains invalid trim curves
- Added support for CoS
- Added trial mode.
- Added options to save All\Active objects to 3DM
- Various crash/bug fixes
- Compiled using OpenNURBS v5 (20121024)
- Compiled using OpenNURBS v5 (20120914)
- Bug fixes and documentation update
- Added support for object visibility
- Added support for templated/locked objects
- Added support for layer symmetry
- Added support for reference/inactive layers
- Bug fix release on 31-3-2012
- Initial Release.
Let me know your comments and suggestions at