Fit Scan function enables rapid surface fitting to the reference data. The reference data can be either cross-section curves ( degree 1) or mesh data.
Areas of uniform curvatures can be identified by shading the mesh model or using a curvature shader, if a more accurate result is expected.
Create a rough surface close the area. We can use square by picking four points on the scan.
Select both the surface and the scan data and invoke the fitscan command. By default a new surfacce ( same degree and span as the original surface) is made to fit the scan.
The accuracy of fitting can be adjusted by adjusting the degree of the surface.
- U Degree, V Degree: The degree of the new surface in the U and V directions.
- U Spans, V Spans:The number of spans of the new surface in the U and V directions.
- Projection Direction: Z Axis, Y Axis, X Axis – Sets the axis along which you want to fit your surface to scan or polygonal data.
- Surface Normal: Fits the surface to scan or polygonal data along the normal of the surface.
- Window Normal: Fits the surface to scan or polygonal data along the normal of your current window.
- Show Deviations: Displays the maximum deviation between the new surface and the original section/polygonal data.
- Keep Originals: Keep the original surface after creating the new fitted surface.
- Auto Recalc: Automatically updates the surface when you adjust the Fit Scan Settings
Please add your comments and feedback.