Rhino to Alias
Rhino surface geometry is internally represented as B-rep objects. Rhino can export geometry in a wide variety of formats. In my experience the transfer of Rhino data to Alias is best done by using DWG format.
- Ensure that the modeling tolerance is set to the same as in Alias.
- In Rhino save as DWG format.
- Choose 2004 Natural format.
- Ensure that the output is set to Solids and Surfaces.
- Open the file in Alias.
The imported geometry is grouped under one node. The following are transferred.
- Construction settings.
- Layer names
- Layer color
- Model colors are transferred as shaders( The default color in Rhino is Black!)
- Joined surfaces as Shells.
Alias to Rhino
The best way to transfer is through IGES. Layer symmetry also get transferred as real surfaces.
Please add your comments and feedback.